UpTown RV Park is right smack in the middle of the Blue Gill capital of Wisconsin, in beautiful Birchwood. With the town’s serene nature and nearby amenities, the city has a lot to offer all who visit.
From the RV park, it’s just a short walk to the grocery & hardware stores, the lumber yard, the bank (with ATM), the post office and a number of fine, local Wisconsin restaurants.
You can watch plays at The Red Barn theater in Rice Lake during your summer stay. The season opens every May. Many well-known plays are performed each year. (Contact information is available below in the section titled Nearby Places of Interest.)
A public boat ramp is 2 blocks from our park. It has ample parking and easy access to Little Birch, Big Birch and Lake Chetak. Right off County Road D and right next to the Senior Center, are bait shops, and the historic Birch Lakes Dam.
The Tuscobia Trail, which offers over 500 miles of fun, is 1 block from UpTown RV Park.
For more information, visit Birchwood Bobcat Riders.
Calendar of Events
Dates are subject to change.
- Fishing season opens
- Get all your fishing supplies and your fishing license as well as ATV rentals at Seasonal Power Toys, (715) 354-3886
- Memorial Day parade: 1 block from UpTown RV Park, right down Main Street in Birchwood
- Area farmers market opens
- Various county fairs in the area
- Rice Lake Aquafest
- Numerous Fireworks Displays in the area
- Birchwood Firefighters Day
- Birchwood Bluegill Festival: Third weekend of July; (715) 354-3300
- Barron County Fair, (715) 736-3247
- Lumberjack World Championship, (715) 634-2484
- Jack Pine Savage Days, Spooner, WI; call the Spooner Chamber of Commerce at (715) 635-2168 or (800) 367-3306
- Shell Lake Town and Country Days, (715) 468-4340
- Brill Harvest Days, (715) 234-9833
- Exeland Annual Trout Days: Labor Day weekend, (715) 266-4181
Nearby Places of Interest
- Seasonal Power Toys, (715) 354-3886, 16878 W State Hwy 48, Birchwood, WI
Before you leave home, we recommend that you review this list of essential RV tools so you don’t show up at the park without something important. The last thing you want is to spend a lot of money investing in things you already have. If you do though, Seasonal Power Toys will have you covered – from the essential tools to quality bait & tackle. 😉
- Red Barn Theatre, (715) 234-8301, 824 N. Wisconsin Avenue, Rice Lake, WI
- St. Croix Casino, (800) 846-8946, 777 Highway 8/63, Turtle Lake, WI
- Sevenwinds Casino, Lodge & Conference Center, (833) 4-7WINDS, 13767 County Hwy B, Hayward, WI
- TRIPLE HHH Equestrian Center, (715) 458-4107, 720 16 1/2 St., Hillsdale, WI
- CEC – Lake 7 Theatre, (715) 234-4303, 1769 Cty Hwy SS, Rice Lake, WI
- Sportsmans Lodge, (715) 354-3730, 1311 N Sunset Beach Dr, Birchwood, WI
- Birch Lakes Resort, (715) 354-3880, 1085N County Rd F, Birchwood, WI
- Paul’s Pizza Den, (715) 354-7058, 304 North Wilson St, Birchwood, WI
- Bear Tracks Bar & Grill, (715) 354-7888, 114 S Main St, Birchwood, WI
- Tagalong Golf Course, 2853 29th Ave, Birchwood, WI, is an 18 hole course, which is located 3 miles from downtown Birchwood and the RV park. It is open to the public. For tee times call (715) 354-3458.
- St. John’s Catholic Church, (715) 354-3704, 107 W Balsam Ave, Birchwood, WI
- Trinity Lutheran Church, (715) 354-3790, 501 E Chetac Ave, Birchwood, WI
- United Methodist Church of Birchwood, (715) 354-3147, 103 E Balsalm Avenue, Birchwood, WI